What is the Mitsubishi Scrappage Scheme?
The Mitsubishi Scrappage scheme offers savings of between £2,000 and £4,000 on selected new Mitsubishi models to customers trading in cars over seven years old.
It’s available on four of the brand’s most popular models: the Mirage hatchback, ASX crossover, Outlander SUV and Outlander PHEV Plug-in hybrid, which also gets an additional £2,500 government backed green car grant, giving a total saving of up to £6,500 against the model’s list price.
What new cars can you buy?
The Mtisubishi scrappage sceme offers a variety of savings across the Mtisubishi range. Whether you need a compact hatchback like the Mirage or a full-sized petrol plug-in hybrid SUV like the Outlander PHEV, they're all available under Mitsubishi's scrappage scheme
Mitsubishi Scrappage Deals 2017
Details of the cars available in the Mitsubishi Scrappage Scheme are outlined below, the links will allow you to compare prices of specific Mitsubishi models.
All savings in conjunction with the scrappage scheme are unique to the scheme and cannot be combined with other retail offers, so it makes sense to check what other offers are available, especially if buying the car on finance.
What cars can you trade in?
The Mitsubishi scheme stipulates that you have owned your car for longer than some comparable schemes, saying that it must have been registered to you for six months rather than 60 or 90 days, as some of the others do. However, most people buying scrappage scheme cars have owned theirs for longer than that, anyway.
In order to be eligible for the Mitsubishi Scrappage Scheme the vehicle you are trading in must be:
- Registered by the 31st of December 2009.
- Meets Euro 4 emissions standards or lower
- Owned by you for at least 6 months
When does the Mitsubishi Scrappage Scheme end?
At present, the Mitsubish Scrappage Scheme is scheduled to finish on December 28, 2017, though it’s expected that it may continue, along with many similar schemes on the market at the moment. However, the terms and conditions, along with the eligible models, may well change. UPDATE: Now available until 27th March 2018.
Or take a look at our manufacturer scrappage scheme guide for more details.
Mitsubishi Scrappage Terms and Conditions
Please see details below regarding the terms and conditions of the 2017 Mitsubishi Scrappage Scheme:
In order to qualify for the Mitsubishi scrappage incentive, terms and conditions will apply.
- Euro 1-4 vehicle, of any make, originally registered prior to 1st January 2010
- Check you car’s eligibility at carfueldata.direct.gov.uk
- Scrappage vehicle must have been registered to the customer for at least 6 months before the customer’s new car registration date. All cars traded in under this scheme will be permanently destroyed
- Programme Period – New eligible Mitsubishi models registered between September 23 and December 28, 2017
- The scrappage saving is not available in conjunction with any other customer offers. Only one scrappage payment can be claimed for each vehicle scrapped
- Available to retail customers only. Participating Dealers only. Not available in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.