What is the Kia Scrappage Scheme?
The 2017 Kia Scrappage Scheme offers savings of up to £2,000 towards a new Kia Picanto or Rio when you trade in your old car, providing it meets the eligibility criteria.
Our in-depth guide tells you all you need to know to ensure you benefit from the best savings on a new Kia.
The scheme relates to two models, the Picanto supermini and the Rio hatchback. The incentive you get is instead of your car’s trade-in value, and is available with a competitive finance rate of 4.9% APR.
Kia’s scrappage scheme is offering £2,000 off either the Picanto or the Rio hatchback. The incentive you get is instead of your car’s trade-in value.
What new cars can you buy?
Unlike some manufacturer schemes, the Kia Scrappage offer is fairly restrictive and doesn’t include any of the company’s crossover, MPV or SUV models. But savings are available on two of its popular cars, both of which are good cars in their class and come with Kia’s unbeatable seven-year warranty.
Kia Scrappage Deals 2017
Details of the cars available in the Kia Scrappage Scheme are outlined below, the links will allow you to Compare Kia Prices of specific models.
Kia Scrappage Scheme: what cars can you trade in?
Unlike some schemes in the market, Kia places no restriction on the amount of time you’ve owned the vehicle you’re trading in. If it has a valid MoT and is registered in your name, then you can claim the scrappage allowance.
Other schemes also insist that the car is of Euro 4 emissions class or lower, whereas the Kia scheme does not. It may not have quite the range of offers that other manufacturers’ schemes have, but the Kia one is one of the most flexible.
In order to be eligible for the Kia Scrappage Scheme the vehicle you are trading in must be:
- Registered by the 31st of December 2010.
- Registered with the same name and address as your new car
When does the Kia Scrappage Scheme end?
Kia’s Scrappage Scheme has been extended until 31st March 2018.
Or take a look at our manufacturer scrappage scheme guide for more details.
Kia Scrappage Terms and Conditions
Please see details below regarding the terms and conditions of the 2017 Kia Scrappage Scheme:
In order to qualify for the Kia scrappage incentive, terms and conditions will apply.
- £2,000 (inc. VAT) scrappage saving available to private customers (excluding Personal Contract Hire) registering an all-new Picanto or all-new Rio between 1st September and 31st December 2017 at participating dealers in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or Channel Islands
- This offer is conditional to the scrappage of a vehicle, of any make, originally registered on or before 31st December 2010
- There is no minimum retention period required
- The scrappage saving is in lieu of all other offers
- Only one scrappage payment can be claimed for each vehicle scrapped