Italian brand Alfa Romeo is looking to get higher-emitting vehicles off the road by offering a scrappage scheme – meaning you can trade in your old vehicle for a discount on a new Alfa Romeo model. You can get money off from three of the brand’s range, with the Mito, Giulietta and Giulia available under the current scheme – which runs till September 30, 2017.
What is the Alfa Romeo Scrappage Scheme?
The Alfa Romeo Scrappage Scheme involves customers handing in their older vehicles built before January 1, 2010, and getting money off a new car. Cars that were built under and before the Euro 4 emissions rules are deemed to be polluting more than they should – so with the Euro 6-compliant models currently on offer by Alfa Romeo, you can get a decent amount of money off a new model when trading your old car in.
Models on offer are the MiTo supermini, Giulietta hatchback and Giulia executive saloon – which includes the sporty Veloce model.
The Alfa Romeo scrappage scheme is offering savings up to £5,300 off all new Guilietta’s except entry-level models
What new cars can you buy?
Alfa is offering the supermini MiTo with discounts of £2,500 on models, up to £5,300 off Giulia hatchback units, and £3,250 off the attractive Giulia saloon, which in its Quadrifoglio is seen as one of the cars of the year.
Alfa Romeo Scrappage Deals 2017
Details of the cars available in the Alfa Romeo Scrappage Scheme are outlined below, the links will allow you to Compare Alfa Romeo Prices of specific models.
Alfa Romeo Model
|Guilietta||Up to £5,300|
Alfa Romeo Scrappage Scheme: what cars can you trade in?
For customers to comply with the Alfa Romeo scheme, the vehicle you trade in must have been built and registered before January 1, 2010, meet Euro 4 or previous emissions standards, and you must have owned the vehicle for at least six months.
In order to be eligible for the Alfa Romeo Scrappage Scheme the vehicle you are trading in must be:
- Registered by the 31st of December 2009.
- Meets Euro 4 emissions standards or lower
- Owned by you for at least 6 months
When does the Alfa Romeo Scrappage Scheme end?
Although the date may change, the current end date is September 30, 2017. Alfa may extend the scheme depending on how popular it proves with customers.
Or take a look at our manufacturer scrappage scheme guide for more details.
Alfa Romeo Scrappage Terms and Conditions
Please see details below regarding the terms and conditions of the 2017 Alfa Romeo Scrappage Scheme:
In order to qualify for the Alfa Romeo scrappage incentive, terms and conditions will apply.
- Scrappage Bonus varies depending on Alfa model selected between min £2,500 and max £5,300
- Scrappage Bonus is available on the Alfa Mito (excluding Base version), Alfa Giulietta (excluding Base version) and Alfa Romeo Giulia (excluding Base version and Quadrifoglio)
- Promotion available from 1st September until 30th September 2017. Vehicle must be registered by 30th September 2017. The V5C of the part exchange address needs to match the new vehicle invoice and must have been in the current owners’ possession for a minimum of 180 days
- At participating dealers only. Available on selected stock, while stocks last. Retail customers only. Not available in conjunction with any other promotion
Promotion may be varied and withdrawn at any time. Subject to availability